BEIJING: Beijing has agreed to work with Washington on reducing levies affecting tens of billions of dollars in goods, a commerce ministry statement said Wednesday, days after US President Donald Trump visited China.
Under the auspices of a newly established trade council, "both sides agreed in principle to discuss a framework arrangement for reciprocal tariff reductions on products of equivalent scale", covering "$30 billion or more on each side", the online statement said.
US President Donald Trump was in Beijing last week, where he held talks with his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, over a variety of issues, especially the trade tariffs.